I can’t quite believe what I’m about to type but I’d like to thank the brilliant Bipolar Barb for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! This is such a wonderful blog that you should all go and check out if you haven’t already!
The creator of the award, Okoto Enigma says that the Mystery Blogger Award is “an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” (Yes, I totally stole that from Bipolar Barb, another reason to go and check the blog out!)
So here are the rules for this award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog, as well as to the specific post in which you were nominated. That way, the blogger who nominated you will receive a Pingback and know that you posted your answers and will be able to read them!
- Mention the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post (s).
So before I get on with the questions, here are the three facts about me:
- I’m incredibly short for a guy: 5 foot 7 (on a good day).
- I am naturally a very silly person. If you show me the most mundane of situations, I will find a way to find the silly or funny side, like the time I got stuck in the doors of my university bus but that’s another story for another day.
- My absolute dream goal in life is to be able to publish a book and make a career out of writing. So if any literary agents or publishers want to hit me up, you know where to find me! *Tries to act casual before falling over something and trying to make it seem intentional* … okay on with the questions – maybe no one noticed!
These are the questions I was asked: (drum roll please…)
1. How long have you been blogging? It will be exactly two weeks from tomorrow!
2. Who do you want to reach with your blog? Wow, that’s a big question. I have this somewhat silly ambition of reaching 10,000 followers but that’s a little superficial. Of course, I want to reach other non-drinkers, particularly students, and reassure them that you can survive the social side of university without alcohol. My absolute main ambition is to be able to reach a group of people who would be interested in reading my books in the future – I don’t know if that’s ever going to happen but a guy can dream!
3. As a blogger, you’re comfortable writing for an audience. Would you be comfortable speaking in front of an audience? Yes! We have to give loads of presentations at university so I’ve kind of got used to speaking in front of people. I just have the mindset that, people already know I’m a bit of a moron; so, the absolute worst that could happen when speaking in front of an audience is that people will think I am more of a moron than I actually am!
4. Do you believe reading improves your writing? Yes, definitely – it’s more that reading helps you learn what bad writing looks like!
5. (Funny Question) Please play along, even if you aren’t a Star Wars fan. If you could, which Star Wars character would you be? This is the moment where everyone un-follows me because I have never watched a Star Wars film all the way through *listens to gasping readers* … I’m sorry!
Okay, now it’s time for me to come up with some questions…
- Describe yourself in three words. (Not technically a question but I want to know!)
- What is your favourite post and why?
- What kind of things do you want to blog about that you haven’t already done?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- (Silly Question) What’s your party trick?
(I now challenge all of you to read this in your head in the most dramatic, award-show announcer voice you can possibly muster) And the nominees are:
- Therapy Bits
- Kae Bucher
- A Hint to Happiness
- Ryan Law